1. Meet age requirements. Be a boy who has completed the fifth grade or is 11 years old, or has earned the Arrow of Light Award but is under 18 years old.
2. Complete a Boy Scout application and health history
signed by your parent or guardian.
3. Find a Scout troop near your home.
4. Repeat the Pledge of Allegiance.
5. Demonstrate the Scout sign, salute, and
6. Demonstrate tying the square knot (a joining knot).
7. Understand and agree to live by the Scout Oath or
promise, Law, motto, and slogan, and the Outdoor Code.
8. Describe the Scout badge.
9. Complete the pamphlet exercises. With your parent
or guardian, complete the exercises in the pamphlet How to Protect Your
Children from Child Abuse: A Parent's Guide