Worst times for control? Patrol Corners, Games.
1) Patrol Corners
• Plan ahead “Be Prepared”
Keep it moving
• Seat yourself where you can be seen and heard
• Share Leadership
• Adult back-up when needed
2) Large Groups (Game, Demo, Campfire, etc.)
• No lags between events.
Next leader to be ready to take over immediately
• Don’t let it drag on too long.
• Stay Calm. Don’t try to out shout them.
• Split the group into smaller sections if needed
• Don’t over-use the Scout Sign.
• Keep everyone involved ( physically and mentally )
• Skill demonstrations: ask questions. Better if scouts can get hands on
• Games: Keep everyone involved. In a relay call numbers so everyone must be alert .
• Even though one leader is leading an activity, you are all leaders